Thursday 30 May 2013

For the past week or so I really feel like I have hit a wall in recovery and nothing seems to being going well:( I am trying so hard but a part of me is still subconsciously restricting and thats not what recovery is about! I just can't seem to bring myself to challenge the voices in my head and eat foods that I'm really not comfortable with... I have a list of 'fear foods' that since my ed started, I am absolutely terrified of:

  • cream
  • chocolate
  • pancakes
  • full fat milk (which I now have to drink a pint of a day!! Ahhh!)
  • cake
  • sweets
  • donuts
  • pastries
  • ice cream
  • maple syrup
  • oil
  • lattes
  • tea with milk (almost conquered this fear!)
  • macaroni cheese
  • pizza
  • chicken nuggets
  • butter
  • fries
  • and sauces 
  • liquid calories (fizzy drinks, juices, etc)
  • any fried food
As you can see it is quite a long list but it is mainly unhealthy foods! I'm just freaked out by anything 'fatty' or 'greasy' and right now it is quite a limited range of what I feel i can eat (although this is also because of my meal plan).

I really want to start challenging myself a bit more so I need your help! What food do you think I should try and conquer next? Feel free to join in with me as well!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment